Facebook Ads 101: A Comprehensive Guide To Running Profitable Facebook Ads
You might have heard a lot of success stories of E-commerce guys spending a few hundred dollars and earning tens of thousands in return.
It always sounds crazy and mostly unreal, because how exactly did they do it, you wonder. With Facebook Ads, it’s possible to replicate these successful marketers’ techniques so you too can experience an extraordinary ROI!
There’s no denying the fact that Facebook still remains the king of social media no matter what and when it comes to marketing and advertising your business on social media, that is the way to go.
Whether you want to reach people in your town or city or people on the other side of the world, it’s possible with Facebook ads.
But what exactly is Facebook Ads?
Accessing The Facebook Ads Manager
Accessing the Facebook Ads Manager is quite simple. Here’s how:
Step 1. Log in to your Facebook account.
Step 2. On the blue top navigation bar, you can you can see the white triangular arrow. Click on this arrow and then click Create Ads (see image below).
Step 3. Facebook will set up your Ads Manager. You will see this on your screen while you wait (don’t worry it won’t take more than a few seconds).
Step 4. When Facebook is finished setting up your Ads Manager, your screen will show something like this:
Now that you know how to access the Facebook Ads Manager, let me show you how you can create your first Facebook ad.
How To Create An Advert On The Facebook Ads Manager
When you’re ready to create an ad, simply follow the steps I’ve outlined in the previous section to access the Facebook Ads Manager.
In the Ads Manager, you have to go through 3 different levels – the campaign level, the ad set level, and the ad level.
Level 1 – Campaign Level
Let me state this now, you should have a goal in mind before you set up your Facebook ads. When choosing from any of 11 objectives below, keep your goal in mind and choose the most suitable objective from the list:
- Brand awareness
- App installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Catalog sales
- Store Traffic
Once you’ve chosen your marketing objective, your Campaign name will be your objective. In this example, I selected the Traffic objective, therefore, my Campaign name is Traffic. You can edit the Campaign name as you see fit.
As you can see near the bottom of the screenshot above, you can edit your budget at the Campaign level.
When you’re ready to proceed, click on the the blue Set up ad account button. Setting up your ad account is very straightforward. Simply select your country from the list, then your currency, and lastly, your time zone. Click Continue. Now we go to the second level.
Level 2 – Ad Set Level
In the Ad Set level, the options that will appear will depend on your chosen objective. If you want, you can always go back to the Campaign level and change the objective so you can see the different options.
But the three options that are present in the Ad Set level of ALL campaigns are the following:
- Budget & schedule
Since I am using Traffic as my campaign objective. These are the options available for Traffic campaigns at the Ad Set level:
At this point, you should fill out the different sections with information relevant to your specific campaign. For this particular campaign, I am targeting people in the USA.
If you’re using a Traffic campaign like I’m doing in this example, here’s more information on the different settings you need to define at the Ad Set level:
- Traffic – choose whether you want people to go to your website, your app, or to send you a message on Messenger
- Offer – if you’re running a promotion in your business, you can create an offer that people can save and receive reminders about.
- Audience – this is where you define who you want to show your ads to. You can either create a new audience, use a saved audience, or create a custom audience composed of people who have interacted with your business either online or offline.
- Placements – you can choose to have Facebook decide the placements automatically or choose yourself manually. It’s best to choose manual placements so you can decide whether you want to show your ads on desktop, mobile, right column, Instagram, Audience Network, or Messenger. Manual placement gives you control over your ads.
- Budget and schedule – in this section, you can decide whether you want to use a daily budget or a lifetime budget. Facebook will give you an estimate of your total weekly spend.
Level 3 – Ad Level
The options you see at the Ad level will depend on your Campaign objective. If you choose Brand Awareness as your objective, you will see different options at the Ad Level. If you choose Conversions, you will see a different set of options.
Since we chose Traffic as our ad objective in the beginning, these are the options available at the Ad level:
At the Ad level for Traffic campaigns, you will need to specify the following details:
1. Identity – choose your Facebook page or Instagram account
2. Format – choose how you want your ad to look. As you can see in the screenshot, you can choose from Carousel, Single Image, Single video, Slideshow or Collection ad formats.
If you chose mobile placements at the Ad Set level, you could even add a full-screen landing page for your ad for a more immersive experience for those who engaged with your ad.
3. Links – this is where you write down the text, images or videos for your ad. You can also view your ad preview here so you can see what your ad looks like based on the placements you chose at the Ad Set level.
You can play around with the different settings until you’re happy with how your advert looks like. When you’re ready to publish, hit the green Confirm button.
Just so you know, this is one of the most detailed guides in running a profitable Facebook Ads. It is not rocket science, once you get the targeting, you are well on your way to making to those big bucks
If you miss any of the most important details or do things the wrong way, you may miss out on the fullest benefits offered inside the guide.
For that very reason, I’ve put together a video version, a more detailed guide on running Facebook Ads like a pro and a bonus e-book on how to minimize ads costs for just $20 to make it much easier for you to get positive results quickly…
To get the Facebook full package, click the link now https://gumroad.com/l/yaKuA